- Reciprocity, wanting to return the favour when someone does something nice for us.
eg. Receiving a small gift from a merchant and in turn signing up for their service
- Social proof, people often do what others do.
eg. Buying a product because it is the most popular brand
- Likability, people often buy from salespeople they like, they trust and they are similar to.
- Scarcity, people want products that are hard to find.
eg. Promotion deadlines persuade clients to buy quickly before time runs out
- Devotion and consistency, once a client acts a certain way they are more likely to continue to act that way or by starting with a small commitment that will lead to a larger one.
- Command, we tend to trust authority figures and those with titles or credentials such as professor or Dr.
About the Author